COMPANY: CUSTODIA FINANCIAL, DALLAS TX
JOB TITLE: EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO CEO
EMPLOYEE TYPE: FULL-TIME
INDUSTRY: 401K | HUMAN RESOURCES
REQUIRED EDUCATION: DEGREE PREFERRED
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: 5+ YEARS SUPPORTING C-LEVEL EXECUTIVES
LOCATION: DALLAS, TX
Retirement plans unnecessarily distribute billions of dollars early each year, making leakage the single largest problem defined contribution plans are facing and a significant problem for many participants. Loan defaults are a major cause of leakage.
Custodia Financial created the innovative Retirement Loan Eraser (RLE) program to help manage loan defaults. Retirement Loan Eraser (RLE) is a group insurance program that protects plan assets from losses associated with loan defaults. RLE prevents loan defaults by repaying an outstanding loan balance if a borrower loses their job and is unable to do so.
Custodia sponsors the program and works with record keepers to build RLE into their service offering and introduce it to clients. The Executive Assistant is an integral member of the team and critical to the smooth operation of the company’s management office.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and company Investors. The Executive Assistant must enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. Additionally, the Executive Assistant provides administrative support to other executives such as the CFO and Controller.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including managing a calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Manages office. Plans receptions. Edits and maintains paper and electronic files.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board Members and Investors.
- Works with the CEO to keep him informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Provides a bridge for communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting business and personal correspondence and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion.
- Serves as the CEO’s administrative liaison to the Custodia Financial Board of Directors
- Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
- Assists in scheduling board meetings, taking minutes, and providing advance distribution of materials to board members before scheduled meetings.
- Maintains accurate records of investments, including detailed ledgers of investment activity and accurate files.
- Provides subscription agreements and confidentiality agreements to potential investors.
- Creates certificates and provides investor packages to investors.
- Assists in scheduling of investor update meetings.
- Notifies investors of upcoming informational meetings and provides advance distribution of materials before scheduled meetings.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
Additional Executive Support
- Track licensing and maintain files for the CFO.
- Assist controller as needed with banking and bookkeeping functions.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with staff, investors, and board members
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Resourceful team player with the ability to function independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Custodia Financial provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.