COMPANY: CUSTODIA FINANCIAL, DALLAS TX
JOB TITLE: LEAD UNDERWRITER
EMPLOYEE TYPE: FULL-TIME
INDUSTRY: 401K | RETIREMENT
REQUIRED EDUCATION: 4-YEAR DEGREE
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: 15+ YEARS
INSURANCE, RISK MANAGEMENT, MATH OR BUSINESS DEGREE PREFERRED
JOB LOCATION: DALLAS, TX
Custodia Financial is the innovator behind Retirement Loan Eraser (RLE), the only solution available that prevents 401(k) loan defaults due to involuntary job loss, protecting plan assets and measurably improving participant outcomes.
Loan defaults and the resulting plan leakage are emerging as a major threat to the U.S retirement system. Our mission is simple. We want to improve U.S. retirement outcomes by eliminating loan defaults and making loan programs safer.
We are looking for qualified individuals to join our growing company. Our team nurtures a culture where ideas, questions, challenges, open communication and risk taking are welcomed. We strive to provide high quality products and services while at the same time keeping our values and integrity forefront.
The Underwriter position is an integral member of the leadership team and critical to the successful launch and administration of the Retirement Loan Eraser Program.
The Insurance Underwriter’s primary responsibility is to oversee the company’s insurance operation by maintaining adherence to underwriting guidelines, executing strong discipline, and implementing adjustments as needed to meet stated profitability objectives. The successful candidate will establish policies and procedures that leverage technology and result in a balanced portfolio of risks. The Underwriter will work closely with the Custodia Underwriting Committee and business development teams to successfully onboard new business.
- Review insurance applications for compliance and adherence
- Assess clients’ background information and financial status
- Use underwriting discipline to manage loss ratios based on carrier expectations
- Provide timely and accurate monthly and quarterly forecasting to management
- Liaise with specialists to gather information and opinions
- Maintain communication and interaction with our insurance partners.
- Present recommendations to the Underwriting committee
- Prepare and maintain pricing records and decisions for each plan sponsor
- Keep detailed records of policies underwritten and decisions made
- Onboard new business to ensure a balanced portfolio
- Develop and maintain a profitable book of business for the insurer
- Follow and keep abreast of applicable insurance laws
- Highly analytical. Expert judgement.
- Direct experience with analytical tools and statistical packages
- Excellent knowledge of insurance policies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge of insurance related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Continuous Learning
Custodia Financial provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.